Will this tub vent? Pic attached!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jpb116, Mar 9, 2008.

1. jpb116

jpb116 New Member

Please bear in mind that the vent tube will be tied into the vent for the shower going through the roof.

Attached Files:

2. construct30

construct30 New Member

That is not a proper tub hook up. The vent is connected after the trap, not before, I see no trap on your install. You need to do a bit more research on traps and vents.
  3. gmt

gmt New Member

It'll vent... It will vent sewer gases inside the home.

Where is the trap below the drain? I'm sure someone here has a picture to post of the proper way (I have nothing readily available)
  4. jpb116

jpb116 New Member

trap...

The trap is below the drain. This setup is above the floor, the p-trap is below the floor between the joists.
  5. jpb116

jpb116 New Member

position relative to the trap.

So it's not proper to vent before the trap? That's good info, and the reason for my pic and question...
  6. krow

krow Plumber

This is what your goal should be

Attached Files: