Will this layout work properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

camptappakeg69

Reaction score
Renovating a basement,removed a half bath, adding a 3/4 bath +bar sink.From the picture attached:
top left is lav, will be vented to roof(2")
toilet is next off 3way wye
next is shower 2"
bottom of picture is floor drain in utlity room then 2" pipe continues to bar sink which will also be vented through roof.

I have the two wyes laying there as possible vents, my thought was to have the shower vent "wet vent" the floor drain and the toilet,or do I need the toilet vented as well?

Attachments

• basement rough in 2.jpg
    basement rough in 2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 422

camptappakeg69

Reaction score
Another pic from other angle showing p traps..

Attachments

• basement rough in1.jpg
    basement rough in1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 308

camptappakeg69

Reaction score
Must be really bad if no one is replying, awkward layout because of location of ejector pit, had to keep it in utility room near sewer hub.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Be patient. People all over the world are struggling to find the right words this very moment. I like the kitty litter bucket. I have maybe a hundred of them. Love a free bucket.

camptappakeg69

Reaction score
Thanks....that was the advice I was asking whether to have vent from the shower where I have the wye lying next to the combo green circle in this picture,<wet vent toilet and floor drain?> or the red circle, off the toilet, or both?Both the lav and the bar sink will be tied into the vent stacks through the roof in the attic.

If just the vent at the green circle is acceptable for the toilet,shower and floor drain is it better to get rid of the double wye and run 2 single wye into the main 3" from the toilet? Also the ejector pit will have its own 2" vent stack through the roof.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, Thanks

Attachments

• basement rough in 3.JPG
    basement rough in 3.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 280

camptappakeg69

Reaction score
More circles added if needed:
yellow is bathroom lav which will be tied into existing vent stack in attic
blue circle is utility room floor drain

Attachments

• basement rough in 3.JPG
    basement rough in 3.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 288

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hear them crickets? It's like you invited your new girlfriend over for Thanksgiving dinner with the family and she shows up in four-inch heels and a Dolly Parton wig.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Now, what you're trying to do would be something like genius-level plumbing. There's not a forum for this. Probably, there's not an inspector on the planet who has the gray matter to make an honest pronouncement on the lay-out that you have presented. If HJ comes up with something, you should listen. There are other folks here with decades of experience who should be listened to also. I don't want to make too much of it, but an on-site person would end up telling you to try this or that and see what the inspector allows.
Just remember that you can't over-vent or over-size. If you're not sure, kick it up a notch.
Somebody just posted an inquiry about an attic bathroom. Looks like it had a double wye similar to your layout. Check it out.

Last edited:

camptappakeg69

Reaction score
Thanks for tips, think I got it figured out. Getting rid of the double wye going with 2 separate wye's instead,venting the shower leg where the circle is. Eliminating the floor drain/ bar sink connection to that run. That should properly wet vent the toilet.
Running a separate line for the bar sink/floor drain into a new inlet in the ejector pit.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Just remember that you can't over-vent or over-size. If you're not sure, kick it up a notch.

NOT true. Here, on the plumbing test, if you oversize a pipe it will be rejected.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
quote; Just remember that you can't over-vent or over-size. If you're not sure, kick it up a notch.

NOT true. Here, on the plumbing test, if you oversize a pipe it will be rejected.
Here, if I run a 2" vent instead of a 1.5" it passes inspection. Done it many, many times.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wet venting the toilet is the least of your problems. Toilets don't need vents although your code may require one. Dumping into an ejector pit complicates the issue also for a couple of reasons. One is that the pit needs a 2" vent and the other is that because it is a pumped discharge it can increase both velocity and negative pressure on the drainage for that branch, making proper venting evn more important. In no case can any part of the vent run horizontally until it is 6" above e flood level rim of the highest fixture served by he group (the lav in this case) so those intndd vents have to come straight up off the horizontal and they have to be within the prescribed code distance from the traps.

camptappakeg69

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, yes the pit will have its own 2" vent through the roof. The proposed vent for the shower is coming straight up <vertical>from the pipe as the wall dividing the bath from the utility room will be there. I thought a wye fitting with a 45 could be used for a vent because a Santee fitting was not allowed in the horizontal position.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks