Will this ever be a basement bathroom?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Ian Gills, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Ian Gills

Ian Gills Senior Robin Hood Guy

I am a little embarassed to show you my not-yet-finished attempt at semi-finishing my basement but I need to ask a question.

One day, will this 1950s rough-in be adequate for a bathroom? Toilet, shower, vanity. Or is it pigslop?

Yes, I know the pipework looks like it was installed yesterday. But trust me, I did not touch it.

IMGP1504.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Judging by what I can see, and what I sort of figure goes where, I would say it's fine. Looks like old school, individual vented fixtures, which is nice to see for a change. If not though you can continue on with the porta-potty :D
  3. Ian Gills

Thanks nhmaster.

The portapotty was great while we had our (only) bathroom upstairs remodeled.

It's fully flushable and will last a couple for one week.

After that it becomes full and starts to smell.

Emptying it almost made me sick. I keep it as a happy reminder.
  4. C NUMB

C NUMB Plumbing Contractor

Looks like you have plenty of room, but I don't think you can tie into those conduit lines:D:D:D
  5. Ian Gills

That is not conduit but the highest quality cast iron C NUMB!

I have it on the highest authority that only US$1 million + homes are piped in cast iron these days.

Poor people (and those that live on wells) often use ghastly PVC.

Us rich and famous sit back and enjoy the delicious silence of our iron waste and soil stacks.

I love iron.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009