Will this amount of sand damage my pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Phonedude

Reaction score
I spent $6500.00 on a 105 ft deep well with 28 ft of casing a 3/4 hp 10gpm pump and a 62 gallon pressure tank. Hardly cheap. I could of purchased the pump and tank for under a thousand all day.

Phonedude

Reaction score
I let it pump off for about 10000 gallons over nite after raising pump to 85 ft. Since then I'm only getting about a quarter of the sand I was getting before.

Phonedude

Reaction score
Just checked the pressure and it hasn't changed. I don't have hydrants, when I let it pump off I hook a 3/4 garden hose to the drain on the tank T, the pressure drops to 35 and stays there comes out of the hose at 13 gpm. I think that's full flow for that pump. I measured the faucets on the sides of the house and they flow at 7 gpm.

Phonedude

Reaction score
Update: After several months of regular use and several weekends of pumping full flow all weekend, the well is no longer producing any sand at all. Thanks for all the help received.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks