Will I flood my house?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ajmicek

Reaction score
So I recently installed the Culligan US-EZ-4 water filter under my kitchen sink. Water tastes great. I'm happy. My wife is happy. Here's how I did it:

waterFilter.jpg

I didn't use Teflon tape: flat washers, and I with tightened metal-metal fittings to hand tight + 1/2 turn and metal-plastic a little tighter than that until leaks stopped. Has been bone dry for 96 hours (been checking regularly).

Will this work long term, or am I going to flood my house?

Thanks!!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Good question. And the answer is "we don't know", but I do know there are better ways to do it than that "small to large to small" multiplicity of adapters and the plastic tee.

Ajmicek

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! You make a good point. I made the mistake of assuming that just because the adapter was included in the box that it would be a good thing to use. :(

The way I've seen it done elsewhere with this particular filter is a copper tee to a second dedicated valve, 1/4 copper tubing from that and a push fit coupling to attach the filter line...

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Instead of this plastic T, use a three-way angle stop with 3/8" and 1/4" outlets right off the nipple from the wall, AND SLEEP BETTER AT NIGHT.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks