Will 11 1/2" from sheetrock work for toilet rough in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kail

Reaction score
I am trying to build a house and am doing the plumbing myself. I roughed in my toilet flange into my first floor slab at 13" off of what should have been the outside edge of the studs. I just noticed today that the framers have framed in the wall behind the toilet further out then I expected and there is only 12" from the stud face to the center of the toilet flange. When 1/2" sheetrock is installed this will only leave 11 1/2" from the finished wall to the center of the flange. Is this enough? I am catching this a little late and the wall can't be moved at this point.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most toilets will work, but you must verify the one you eventually select. Toilet typically have a gap behind them when the rough-in is perfect, and, even the spec sheets are for a 'nominal' value, and a toilet can vary slightly from one to the next.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks