Will 1.25" pump lift 2" columns water 18' up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pete Crivitz

Reaction score
Terry,

I drove a 2" sandpoint down approximately 20'. Water level is at about 15'. I regret oversizing using 2" pipe now that I am ready to plumb a 1.25" suction Red Lion jet pump.

Question: will the Red Lion 1.25" suction line lift the 2" column of water out of my 2" well aproximately 15' ?

Or should I put a 1.25" pipe down into the 2" well casing?

If I do use 1.25" pipe inside 2" casing, how do I create suction around the 1.25" pipe that is inserted into the 2" casing? I do not see any 'well seals' that are available for a 2" OD pipe. All well seals start at 4 or 5" diameter and larger from what :confused:I can determine.

Thank you very much.

Pete in Green bay / Crivitz WI.

Pete Crivitz

Reaction score
Thank you Peter for the quick reponse.

Next question which will be difficult to answer online...I have some flow, not alot using a gas trash pump lifting the water. I do not loose prime, it just does not really pump too much. I have left gas pump on for hours to clean out sand.

Any suggestions on this one?

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
If the screen was sized right, according to the sand size. You should be ok.

Travis

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks