Why would my circulator pumb keep going out?

Users who are viewing this thread

jeffsnavien240ncb

Reaction score
It is a brand new system & I am getting ready to get a 3rd pump. It has only been 2 months since the system has been in service.
we have 160 feet of baseboard in a 1400 sq foot 2 story house.
we have a TACO 1/10 hp 2400. They work geteat the house is warm but they are noisy. They make the sound of bad bearings. They have given us a free replacement but I am thinking I do not want a 3rd one.

jeffsnavien240ncb

Reaction score
thanks for the input:
may I please address your thought?
Air?
as in the water system, not air input?
Air in the system, 1st:) the Navien self purges air upon start up. (seems to do pretty well )
2nd:) We have new bleeder installed on all stations. me & wife bleed it well all stations are warm, & do not hear funny noise in pipes.

AIR: input? I am allowed 150' it is all new sealed, free & clear, 15' run 3" dia, I don't think you mean input though.
thanks for your reply

jeffsnavien240ncb

Reaction score
This is considered a commercial pump, roughly 4 times more than you likely need.

Who designed the system? Which Navien? Primary/Secondary? Multi-zone?
the pump we had on our last system was the 1/12 hp B&G we are using the same base boards. I see in the spec that the head of the B&G 1/12 is like 8'if I remember correctly. The Taco 2400 1/10 head is a little higher, & maybe cfm is a little higher. When I talked to the Taco engineers, they said that if the system was gated down it would not hurt the taco. What pump would you suggest?
EDIT:
navine 240/1 zone
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks