Why is my jet pump show zero pressure??

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by jm1414, Apr 29, 2012.

1. jm1414

jm1414 New Member

Follow up from my previous post.

We changed the foot valve, ejector, pump.

Did further diagnostics this weekend... disassembled and cleaned everything on my new jet pump ( fooltvalve, the ejector, i ran water through both lines to ensure there was no mud etc.

I disconnected the two lines at the pump to see if water fed from a neighbor hose to my exterior faucet would flow back to the 2 lines.

Results: nothing!! I get water everywhere in the house but no water flowing back to the two lines at the pump connection. Is that normal?

When everything is connected back I get 50 psi when connected to my neighbors house. but when I close the external faucet and turn on the pump the pressure goes to zero.

Why do I have zero pressure? Why is water from my neighbor house doesn't flow back through the pump? Is that my problem?

Thanks for help!!!!!!!

2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

If I understand what you say, there must be a checkvalve before or after the pump. Remove it. The only checkvalve should be the footvalve.
  3. jm1414

jm1414 New Member

No I can't see any check
    valve apart from the footvalve. Is it possible that the pump only flows one way or there is a malfunction that is causing this and my lack of pressure?
  4. jm1414

jm1414 New Member

No I can't see any check
    valve apart from the footvalve. Is it possible that the pump only flows one way or there is a malfunction that is causing this and my lack of pressure?

I'm really out of ideas to get water flowing again. Any help is appreciated!