Why does my Moen Kitchen faucet have rust under it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

eastinway

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Well, 6 years ago I had my kitchen remodeled. I purchased a Moen brand kitchen faucet and noticed after about a year or two that the bottom of the faucet which sits on a Corian counter top has rust around the base. I have never replaced it because it was new....but now that I have discovered this awesome site, I'd like to ask for advice from all you professional plumbers out there. Could it be a defective product?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Because either the gasket was left out, the faucet wasn't properly caulked to the sink or more likley the faucet leaks internally because it's a Moen.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If it is actual rust ( reddish ) I am surprised, because typically no part of the faucet is actually steel. Usually a base metal, like zinc, with chrome plating. But zinc corrodes white.

I would possibly contact Moen about a lifetime warranty on the finish.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
rust

There is either a leak in the faucet or water is getting under the plate. Some faucets have a steel mounting plate and others have steel mounting bolts. If yours has either that would be the source of your rusting, otherwise everything else is either brass or plastic which do not rust.

eastinway

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies about the Moen faucet

I will contact the Moen Company about this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks