Why aren't all Toto G-max created equal?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by rosenn, Dec 17, 2007.

1. rosenn

rosenn New Member

In my last house I installed two Toto Carlyle's - Sanagloss models, and well worth it. Great toilets, but they are rated 625 grams on Terry's site. The Ultramax (two in my new house, thanks to the previous owner), is rated at 700 grams, and the Drake rates at 900 grams. Why does the Aquia, which isn't even G-max, rate at 800 grams, higher than some of the 'commercial-grade' G-maxes?

If all G-max are 3" flush valve, 2 1/8" fully-glazed computer-designed trap, then why the variation? I'm not looking to push them to their limits, but I've always wondered about this.

Thanks,

Nelson
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Some of it is based on height.
    Hall tall is the tank?
    How tall is the bowl?

I find that anything over 500 grams works well.
  3. rosenn

rosenn New Member

makes sense

thanks Terry - for the reply, and for everything I've learned from your site over the past few years.

Makes sense - tank and bowl height would influence pressure head independant of flush valve size. I agree completely about the anything over 500 grams as well.

Thanks,

Nelson
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber