Why aren't all Toto G-max created equal?

Users who are viewing this thread

rosenn

Reaction score
In my last house I installed two Toto Carlyle's - CEFIONTECT models, and well worth it. Great toilets, but they are rated 625 grams on Terry's site. The Ultramax (two in my new house, thanks to the previous owner), is rated at 700 grams, and the Drake rates at 900 grams. Why does the Aquia, which isn't even G-max, rate at 800 grams, higher than some of the 'commercial-grade' G-maxes?

If all G-max are 3" flush valve, 2 1/8" fully-glazed computer-designed trap, then why the variation? I'm not looking to push them to their limits, but I've always wondered about this.

Thanks,

Nelson

rosenn

Reaction score
makes sense

thanks Terry - for the reply, and for everything I've learned from your site over the past few years.

Makes sense - tank and bowl height would influence pressure head independant of flush valve size. I agree completely about the anything over 500 grams as well.

Thanks,

Nelson

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks