whose online? am stumped, but i know one look at these pics and u can help.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by CanOfWorms, Mar 20, 2013.

1. CanOfWorms

CanOfWorms Member

Never mind its a delta 600. But.. when I opened it up the springs had little plastic sleaves in them. Delta help line said take them out. Is this correct? IMAG0706.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  2. CanOfWorms

CanOfWorms Member

They were all fine I just needed ro flush Line and now flow is ggood
  3. asktom

asktom Member

Valley springs have those plastic sleeves. Are you sure you don't have Valley? With Delta the spring would push the rubber seats against a ball, If Valley they push against a flat surface. You need to get the right one.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

That is a Valley faucet, not Delta. Valley uses slightly different rubber and spring, with the white plastic insert.
  5. CanOfWorms

CanOfWorms Member

it could very well be a Valley. I took the white plastic inserts out and put it back together without them. Its not leaking and the flow is very good since I flushed the lines.
    What's the risk of not having the sleeves?
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; What's the risk of not having the sleeves?

Premature failure and leaking. They did NOT put the sleeves in there because they had them left over from something else and wanted to get rid of them.