whole house water filters

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve_P

Reaction score
I am curious how many people have them and what they think of them. How often do you have to change the filters? I realize this will vary some so just looking for ideas.

recommended brands?

Right now I have an Omni undersink filter and an icemaker filter. I'm wondering if it would make sense to ditch those and put in a whole house unit since I am redoing much of the plumbing anyway.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
As a personal opinion, the only whole house I would use is a sediment filter if your water warranted it. I do not think it is a good idea to take the clorine out of all the water standing in the pipes.

I am not a water quality expert, so others will have different opinions.

Bob999

Reporter
Reaction score
Filters are used to treat water problems. What water problems do you have? To get informed advice you should provide a water analysis--available from your supplier if you are on a public water supply and from private testing if you are on a well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks