Whole House Water Filter HELP...super confused

Users who are viewing this thread

tlow

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

What do I buy or look into buying???!!!

Doing a complete remodel on our house (down to studs with all new plumbing) and wanted to put in a whole house water filter, but the more I research the more confused I get...KDF no KDF, backwash, upwash, keep the chlorine, remove the chlorine, on and on...
We are in San Diego with what will be a 2 shower and 1 full bath house approx 2000 sq ft. The dishwasher, laundry, and 1 shower will run at the same time, (and maybe the kitchen sink). Hardly ever will there be 2 showers or a shower and bath running at the same time.

Some of the stuff we have in our water based on the 2014 and 2015 city reports, also note the city uses Chloramines...(Im more concerned with a max reading than an average, many such as Chromium-6 have ok average readings, but the max is above the max allowable for California)

Hardness (ppm): 292
Hardness (gr/gal): 17.0
Akalinity ppm: 126
pH: 8.10

Copper
Lead
Choliform
Haloacetic acids
Total Trihalomethanes TTHs
Chlorite
Bromate
Chlorate
Chlorite
Chlorine
Sulfate
Boron
Bromochloromethane
Chlorodifluoromethane
Chlorate
Chromium-6
Molybdenum
Strontium
Vanadium

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most people use city water without any filters at all, and some of them live long life.

Then, not all city water the same.

What filter to buy? It's up to you and your budget.

There was a report once that Za Za Gabor had Perrier water for bathing on the set. Money was no object.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks