Whole House Pressure Value Leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

vlee99

Reaction score
My whole house water pressure valve started leaking. I unscrewed the knob, and it's coming out a hole. The hole looks like it's always been there, and not a crack. Any fix for this?

Thanks.

photo 4.jpgphoto 2(1).jpgphoto 1(1).jpgphoto 3(1).JPG

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There probably is a fix, but it may be more in time and money than it's worth. If it was mine, I'd replace it. I looks to be fairly old and if repaired, it would likely need a complete rebuild. Just set the new one to the desired pressure and match the expansion tank to that pressure. Yeah, you need to buy a pressure gauge if you don't have one. The expansion tank pressure is checked with a tire pressure gauge and air added with a tire pump.

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
That is a honeywell bruckmann regulator and there is a replacement cartridge,
that you can get,
that small hole in the side is so you can put a pressure gauge there

I would recommend this as that is tight spacing on the copper
and unless you are good at soldering copper is more trouble

if you do have to replace get a wilkins with double unions it would be easier to put back

one 1" NR3XL Single Union Water Pressure Reducing Valve lead free the back side has threads for another union

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It depends on the incoming water pressure. IF the pressure is high enough that you need it, the removing it would NOT be a good idea. IF you have low incoming pressure, then it should not have been installed in the first place. It has NOTHING to with you being in Southern CA.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks