Whole House Monitoring System - Water alarms, freeze alerts, water consumption, etc with email alerts

Users who are viewing this thread

Beets

Reaction score
Is there a GOOD whole house monitoring system? I would like to get an email if:
- water on the floor
- house temperature gets too low
- water consumption is too high (I have a lot of irrigation and a pretty small well, so a valve sticking open or a leak could be bad for the well)
- freezer/fridge temperatures get too low

I have an old alarm system I bought off ebay about 15 years ago that does the first two. It calls my cell phone. I really need a water consumption alarm and it would be nice to have a fridge/freezer alarm. I would like these to email me because I won't have a landline forever, and we are often away so don't necessarily hear an audible alarm.

BTW, I built a system that trips the power to my well if there is water on the floor. Last night I changed RO filters, and didn't notice that I hadn't tightened the filters housing correctly. It sprayed all over shortly after I left the utility room. I went looking for a problem when I noticed there was no water pressure in the house. That low-tech solution saved me from my carelessness! My ebay system did not alert me because the battery was dead (again, I was being careless and not keeping up with maintenance). There is definitely value to a layered approach.