Who makes the lowest rise toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

headzup

Reaction score
Most toilets measure 14.5 to 17.5 inches from the floor to the rim. I'm hoping to find one that is 14 inches or less so I can mount it on a 3 inch platform to attain the necessary outlet slope to the soil stack in a 100 year old house.

headzup

Reaction score
Looks like a rear outlet toilet may be a better option. Does anyone have a strong opinion about the Caroma Sydney Smart Out Back? Is there any problem with routing the outlet down and back under the toilet... the toilet faces the spoil stack that is in a chase across the room. I've got plenty of space in the wall behind the toilet to maintain a 4" waste line.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Had you considered using a wall-hung toilet? The outlet goes out the back, and you can make it any height you want. If you have a deep enough wall, you'll have room for the carrier in the wall and the plumbing.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
Good idea. The outlet in a wall hung can go horizontal. I have mine connected this way. The Geberit carrier comes with a bend in the outlet. In diagrams it's usually shown going downwards. I rotated the bend ninety degrees so the outlet would shoot sideways, where it goes to connect to a vented stack. This was after I verified with Geberit.

Use 3" pipe not 4". It carries solids farther. A larger pipe makes water shallower while it travels along the horizontal segment.

headzup

Reaction score
Thanks for the great ideas. I wish I'd known more about wall mounted models for my last project in a modern home. The current project is in a 100 year old craftsman bungalow... a wall mount would look out of place. I'll definitely take geniescience's suggestion of going to a 3" pipe. Looks like the geometries will allow everything to work perfectly.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
As much as I personally dislike wall hung toilets, I would much prefer that to a platform. Toilets on platforms a the sign of a hack. I would assume you have explored the possibility of redoing the drain to make a conventional toilet possible. That would be my first choice, but perhaps that is impractical in your situation.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Consider the suggestions provided, because 14" is pretty much standard. You won't find one shorter, except a childrens' toilet, and you really dont want that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks