Who makes the best Rainbird type sprinkler head?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
That is, back and forth with adjustable detents.

I think NAAN, made in Israel. Any others out there?

I have some 1" USA rainbirds, which are georgeous, but not too practical costwise.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If you mean impulse type, Champion will give you the best long term performance. The NAAN looks ok, but is a homeowner product just like the orbit or rainbird. Impulse heads are much less in vogue now, either commercially or residentially, because the are not the best in even distribution or water conservation.

For Rotor heads, go Toro. The Rainbird rain-curtain rotors are pretty good also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Gosh, I have some Rain Bird impulse sprinklers that have been working since 1984. I would consider that fairly reliable. Toro and Hunter have very good reputations as well, but I've never used them myself. I think it is pretty much up to individual preference.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I agree that the average user would never know the difference between an orbit and a rainbird, or whatever. He asked about BEST, and in that context I give the nod to Champion

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Looks like all the small champions are chinese made now.

These Israeli heads I have come from a professional supply house, and have a better pattern and adjustability. I have gotten 4 or 5 years from some, and usually the issue is breakage from some sort of impact anyway.

Maybe they are not NAAN - I'll get back with the name.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Okay, looks like NAAN but its not at all like the cheap chinese plastic ones that cracks on the third rotate.

They make a range of qualities. My problem with the brass ones of any make is that they get limed up and stop moving.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks