Who makes inline ABS BackWater Valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Benze

Reaction score
Hi,

I noticed that the 4" ABS Bow Backwater Valve at the local hardware store has the inlet side about 3/4" higher than the outlet side. I understand that this is standard in new construction.

Does anybody know if they make a retrofit BWV that I can use with my Cast Iron sewer line that doesn't have that 3/4" drop? There is no way for me to magically make the outlet side 3/4" lower without tearing up my entire concrete slab, which I have no desire or intention of doing.

Thanks,

Eric

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is the standard design for BWVs. All you can do is insert it with the slight up pitch, or dig further in both directions until you have more than the 3/4" difference.

Benze

Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the input. I guess the only thing to do now is to crack open my slab and hope that i have the 1/2" to 3/4" drop I need around the existing 1960's cast iron BWV that needs replacing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks