Who Made Sears Brand Toilets In 1980?

Users who are viewing this thread

Achutch

Reaction score
Thanks for those links, there were much more creative options for bathrooms and kitchens back then, and there were even lots more mechanical options, my grandmas house was built in 1950 and in 1960 they put an addition on and redid the kitchen and it was top of the line back then with an in-wall oven with clock timer and the oven burner even modulates, the stove is a cooktop with a back burner that has a modulating thermostatic control something unheard of today! and the original fridge was a side by side with an icemaker, and of course i cant forget the dishwasher, all of this is still there, the dishwasher is a Kitchenaid and the stove & oven are made by Caloric all in 1960s brown color.

My Cadet toilet was part of that room addition, one of these days when i get over there I'm going to make a video of that bathroom and kitchen and post it on my youtube page.

Jonathan

Jonathan,

I'll look forward to seeing that video... I have your site bookmarked.

My grandmother had a Caloric stove that she brought from Connecticut when she moved to Vermont back around 1960 or 61. It was aqua, and she had a refrigerator with a bottom freezer that was also the same color, though I don't remember the brand. The Caloric did have the modulating burner. The bathroom had an Eljer in it, the exact model pictured in my avatar.

You are right, the designs back then differed greatly between brands, and before the companies were all bought out, and existed in name only, while their appliances became clones of each other.

Your Cadet is fantastic, and I may pull mine out of storage and install it at camp when I open it up in May.

More power too you!

Matt / achutch

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Jonathan,

I'll look forward to seeing that video... I have your site bookmarked.

My grandmother had a Caloric stove that she brought from Connecticut when she moved to Vermont back around 1960 or 61. It was aqua, and she had a refrigerator with a bottom freezer that was also the same color, though I don't remember the brand.

Matt / achutch

That's what i mean about there were many more innovative designs back then, such as the fridge with the bottom freezer they came out with that design back in the 60s or 50s and wasn't very popular until just a few years ago and now everyone has them and they think the design is something new when really it's been around for 40 plus years, and there's a bunch of other things that have gone like that too, am i right?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks