Who is Joe Tedesco?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Whoever Joe Tedesco is, he must be pretty sneaky.
He has deleted all of the electrical posts from this board.

I've seen some crooked people before, but this guy is criminal in what he has done.

He has been banned too late. I was plumbing today while the Fox tore down the hen house.

Terry Love

Backglass

Reaction score
Well, whoever did it sounds like someone who can't be successful on his own merit, and must try to tear down others to help pump up his low self esteem. Obviously he is insanely jealous of your expertise and the fantastic forum you have created.

Don't worry...I have plenty more questions to ask. The forum will be full again in no time on my ignorance alone! :p

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Wow!

He has been posting a lot lately. Seemed to be knowledgeable. Then all of a sudden, he declares himself the administrator and everyone else has to line up for inspection before they can post!

I just thought Terry had brought him on board to firm up the electrical discussions, even though I think overall the quality of advice has been pretty good. Most of us plumbers seem to have a working knowledge, enough to help on some simple DIY questions, and there are a couple of pros like bobnh who have helped a lot.

He is all over the net. I did notice that the picture in the avatar today was not the same picture he had been using. This could just be a newer picture, or it could be an indication that foul play was afoot.

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The ip number is different.

Joe deleted 796 threads, and 5,525 posts.

I guess old Joe doesn't think much of people in general to do something like that.

DX

General Contractor
Reaction score
Joe Tedesco is the former moderator of the electrical forum at JLC. He continues to post heavily there and is hated by everyone for being a pompous arse.

Keep an eye on jwelectric (Mike Whitt) who just started a thread here. He is a friend of Joe's and is similarly a controversial heavy poster at the JLC forum.

The basic philosophy shared by Joe and Mike: If you're not an electrician, then the answer to any electrical question is "You need to hire a licensed electrician".

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
i noticed one user whose name is "something electrical" hasn't been back here since March; he was ugly in his last couple posts. So I see a trend, or a pattern. I pay attention to that kind of detail; helps me see problems before they become lifethreatening.

David

p.s. Terry, on another subject: for some people, changing IP numbers is easy. So IP isn't foolproof.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If you go to the jlc forum mentioned above, and click on Joe Todesco's name, and then click on his homepage, guess where it takes you?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
What a loser, psyco, hack.

I have a cattle prod that I would like to check out on him.:)

Backglass

Reaction score
Well you know what they say: "Those who can't, consult!"

Joe Tedesco, Electrical Code Consultants, Inc.
PO Box 130408 - Boston, MA 02113 - 617-523-1951 ~ 617-717-9812
Email: joetedesco@comcast.net

Joseph.Tedesco@Yahoo.com

Domain Name: JOETEDESCO.ORG
Created On: 08-Sep-2004 12:24:53 UTC
Registrant Name: Joe Tedesco
Registrant Street1: 350 North Street
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City: Boston
Registrant State/Province: MA
Registrant Postal Code: 02113
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.617.818.7627

Joe's Blackberry -> joetedesco@tmo.blackberry.net

Perhaps we should all give Joe a call and express our feelings...at around 3am daily. :p

Last edited:

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
i'd like to address the issue, how the future turns out.

Terry and a couple assistants might be able to get the old threads back up. It is real work, and maybe it won't happen for a while.

This fellow Joe T. is already aware of what he did. I propose no action be taken.

A bigger and more general subject is how a forum, any forum, can handle people whose "Conduct" goes bad. This has been discussed in internet forums thousands of times already.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another bigger and more general subject is how a forum, any forum, can handle people of differing levels of expertise. Here is where I think we can make progress.

First off, I'll guess that Joe was not in agreement with non-qualified people answering questions that required a technical person to answer in real life. Not to defend his position, just to see if I have put my finger on a delicate subject. I'll criticize Joe Tedesco a few paragraphs later, so hear me out.

Another member (with "electrical guy" in his handle) has issued challenges to people who help out DIY and newbies, about their qualifications. I see a pattern here. His challenges are not pleasant, and they seem to imply that only someone with all the highest professional accreditation can speak, at that point, although "At what point?" is always the ill-defined thing.

In plumbing, we see often that the Master Plumbers post that a true answer is beyond the scope of what a discussion board can provide, and besides, the help-seeker may not be qualified to understand the information either... and then other less qualified people start posting tips, ideas and partial solutions. (I can list plumbing threads from the last 48 hours to illustrate this). In this site, in plumbing, it usually doesn't lead to any animosity, and then what little friction does develop dies out again fairly soon, usually but not always.

A word about Professionals: they have massive constraints placed on them by their Codes, which cover the physical world, and also by their Codes of Conduct, which cover their relations with the public and with each other.

I'll bet that Joe T. knows technical Codes well, but not the Codes of Conduct (Deontology) and that he needs to learn this before taking action that harms the reputation of all the others of his profession. Apparently he is some kind of NEC inspector. Maybe a freelancer. If he were a member of a professional body, and not just an outsider evaluating the technical performance of members of that body, he would be required to pass exams on Conduct, and follow the rules of conduct or else be disciplined and sanctioned by that professional group.

Let us "challenge" Joe T to join professional associations that have rules of conduct and see if he can remain a member after they get wind of his general behavior and conduct. If he cannot get into Professional Associations that have entrance exams, he isn't an expert in the first place. Then, if he can get in, will he behave as he just did in this forum? Once he sees their codes of "how to live" he will have to tone down his antics.

David

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Not to drag up fond memories, but some of the guys here I'm sure remember a plumber named Sylvan Tieger, who eventually got himself banned from most of the forums.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
To my way of thinking, to crash someone else's (very well run, I might add) forum, declare oneself a "moderator," and then delete the wealth of information existing in a part of that forum is at the very least ridiculously rude. No explanation was given of why this person deleted those threads. I personally don't buy the argument that it was all in the name of "safety."

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
It was him - he admitted as much today.

http://forums.jlconline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=303202#post303202

See the post by "Electrician" - also the response to Jimbo 2 posts up - I'd recognize that voice anywhere, it's him.

I used to stick up for him at JLC, because the man really is a walking encyclopedia of electrical code knowledge. And, strange as it sounds right now... he means well. He loses sleep over the idea of unqualified people doing electrical work, because he's seen too much of what it can lead to.

Problem is, he thinks the way to solve that is to withold information, instead of countering the bad information with correct information... and clearly, he's finally lost it, as well. Electrical inspector's version of PTSD?

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Extremists

You don't have to be an Islamic fundamentalist to be a whacko extremist. But "Electro-Terrorism"--That's kind of funny.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I know nothing about Joe T. but, who to say it was he who did the hacking?

The moderator log list everything that happens,
Who did it,
What they did,
When they did it,
Which post or thread number,
Whether is was an edit or a deletion

It's all there in the log.

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Like Frenchie said, you might look into "Electrician".

It smells like a duck.

Jbfan74

Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
Terry: Some good came out of this, you are getting a few more electricians to join your forum.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks