Who is David Taylor? A Kerdi Salesman or an Expert Tile Witness - checking things out

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by johnfrwhipple, Feb 8, 2014.

1. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple I love these ACO Shower Drains - Best in Class

post(s) deleted by John Whipple
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. johnfrwhipple

Who says to use drywall in your shower? David Taylor says so - but who is he?

3. johnfrwhipple

Chatting with David Taylor about drywall and the Kerdi Shower...

4. eurob

eurob In the trades

The article is an old one John . It is so poorly written -- one sided only -- and at this time the drywall is not even allowed by its mfgs and codes for wet areas . Since the Schluter's recommendation are -- more than one -- contrary to other manufacturers -- thin set , substrates, etc. -- and still growing , I think the century finding is

INSTALLER ERROR or USER ERROR OR any derivation of it .

One of the few which should be followed REALLY -- DAVE GOBIS -- ............. One of the few which knows of the unseen world of failures and worth reading . Hints from him are so valuable and worth looking into .
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  5. johnfrwhipple

David Taylor = Kerdi Salesman - Red Seal Tile Setter - Bio Chemist & Tile Expert

6. eurob

eurob In the trades

That's great news John . I will run tomorrow to my supplier and order a pallet of that mastic which is waterproof ready to use and do all the wet areas using it over the drywall .

So stupid of me using the cement mortars for tile installations , such a waste of time . :rolleyes::mad::D
  7. dhagin

dhagin builder:anti-builder

This is a plumbing forum, and this sub-forum is "Shower & bathtub Forum". Maybe you're lost? Just trying to help you find your way. Have a nice day. :)