Whirlpool with shower

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by M3, Jul 17, 2007.

1. M3

M3 Member

Apr 21, 2007
    I want to switch out my bathtub for a whirlpool (American Standard Lifetime) but the bathtub area is also a shower. Does anyone know MN Code and whether it is permissible to install a whirlpool bath in conjunction with a shower head?
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

Nov 12, 2005
    There should be no problem unless you have some wacky local code that forbids it.

Pennsylvania has a law that says "you may not sing in the bathtub".

In Vermont the law says "All residents shall bathe on Saturday night".

I guess that is so you can go on a date and smell good. :)
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. lee polowczuk

lee polowczuk New Member

May 30, 2007
    I am doing the exact think you want to do.... i bought an American Standard Lifetime 2645l. it is designed to be a drop in.. i am putting it in a 6 foot cove area although the tub is 5.5 feet.

it will be surrounded by durarock and then subway tile.

i am replumbing now.... i also got a nice American Standard valve and a brass drain.

i am doing other bathroom infrastructure work now... it will be probably two months before the tub is in.

my house is from 1930...you should have seen the previous disasters when i removed an old shower stall.
  5. Alectrician

Alectrician DIY Senior Member

Jun 15, 2007
    If you can, put the shower head at the drain end of the tub. Otherwise the angled back of the tub gets in the way, just a bit, when you are trying to stand under the shower.