Whirlpool WHES30 softener issue

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Dave H, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Dave H

Dave H New Member

My unit appears to be softening H2O just fine, there's just one glitch. The "Check Salt level" light is flashing. Salt level is at the "4" mark, and holding the button down to adjust the salt level gauge does nothing except create a fast,
    chirping beep.............the salt level indicator does not change. I leveled the salt in the tank, but haven't checked for a salt bridge yet...I'll do so tomorrow. I kind of suspect a problem with the main circuit board. Any thoughts?
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

It sounds to me that the circuit board is not working properly or it is not in the correct postion to change the salt level. Push the select button untill the time of day is showing then try to set the salt level.