Whirlpool tub used with deck mount tub filler and hand shower

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by five4fighting81, Jun 25, 2010.

1. five4fighting81

five4fighting81 New Member

Hello all, I am new to the Forum.

I am remodeling my bathroom and have a 2' x 6' whirlpool tub that I am installing. I would like to have a deck mount tub filler with hand wand as such:

However, I would also like to have a standard shower head mounted on the wall like in a standard shower.

How would you guys suggest I plumb this?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It may be easiest to add a second valve on the wall for the shower head.
    It should be pressure balanced.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

It gets complicated, because you not only need a diverter on the tub valve to transfer water away from the spout, but then you need a three port diverter to select between the two showers. Or you can connect the tub valve to a multiport diverter and select which of the three operations you want to use. DO NOT create a system where ALL of the devices could be turned off at the same time.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

That would create a "cross over" and the hot or cold could pass through the valve to the other side. You have "mixed" the water for the entire home.