Whirlpool Portable dishwasher

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by coop0230, Jun 10, 2009.

1. coop0230

coop0230 New Member

I have a portable dishwasher and it usually works great but starting today it will no longer wash. I hook it up like normal( to the sink) turn the water on and and start the cycle and usually you can hear the water filling up inside but it does not happen now. I also forwarded it to the rinse cycle and i get nothing there either. Can anyone give me an idea of what the problem could be?

Thank you
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I would suspect there is a valve that is malfunctioning. It is probably an electrical problem rather than mechanical, but your best course of action is to contact an appliance repairman. It could be a very simple fix, but like many other mechanical things, parts can be costly and when labor is added to that, you may well be wise to get a new dishwasher.
  3. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

If I had only one guess to make it would be in the cycle switching assembly.

Of course that's only a guess.
  4. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

What is the model number¿
  5. manola

manola New Member