Which way/direction does the PVB Test Cock needs to be facing?

Users who are viewing this thread

greenbaypackersfan

Reaction score
Hi,
Now that the Sprinkler System has been properly turned on, I was wondering which way should the PVB test cock needs to be facing.
Mine looks almost like this one here in the link below
http://www.aceflowcontrol.com/pvb01natural.jpg

As you can see, the PVB Test cocks are below the PVB on the right and has 2 of them. Each of the PVB T.C. has 2 screws and both in the direction of an " I " . I was told that it needs to be in the " I " direction during the spring and fall season and after you winterized it, needs to turn these scres to " ---" direction to open them? While keeping the valves in the same flow direction as the pipes in the spring/summer and in 45 degree angle in the winter.

is that correct? Please educate me

thanks

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
When the "handle" is parallel to it's pipe the valve is OPEN. When it is perpendicular to it's pipe, the valve is CLOSED.

greenbaypackersfan

Reaction score
^ No, I believe you are referring to the vavle on the pipe, I'm talking about the PVB Test Cocks. The little screws on the PVB Tests

greenbaypackersfan

Reaction score
lol I know the "I" in the screw slot means closed. During the spring/summer season, they need to be closed, but what about the winter time when the system has been winterized? Do I keep it closed or open them?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks