Which tub drain is best?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Barney1, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Barney1

Barney1 New Member

I’m replacing my bathtub and have to get an new drain as well. Is there one type better than the other? The three that I’m looking at are the conventional screen and lever type at the over flow or the push-in and lock type or the lift and turn type. Is one better than the other? The ones with the screen always seem to clog up with hair. Im wondering if the other two types have this problem. Thanks!
  2. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

The ones I have installed here in my own home have the lever in the overflow and nothing but a screen at the actual drain opening ... and I believe that is the easiest and best for the catching and removal of hair.
  3. Barney1

Barney1 New Member

Which of the three do you think would flow water the best?
  4. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

There is probably not much significant difference, but the lever-type has no integral obstruction anywhere.
  5. Cal

Cal New Member

The lift & turn is the best ! much easier to clean and works the best

cal