Which toilets have a glazed trap to help in getting the tough ones down the tunnel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pmaru77

Reaction score
I'm dealing with someone with round hard balls of poop due to their medications. I'm thinking that a good toilet with a smooth trap may work instead of getting a larger trap diameter. Most toilets I've used have a throat/trap that is not glazed and is somewhat rough. there has to be a better one. Thnx in advance.

Reaction score
That is very interesting, I always assumed the porcelain is also coated inside the toilet's trap, all the way to the horn.

A glazed pathway would definitely help, and I can't imagine it would be difficult for the manufacturers to do that.

Pmaru77

Reaction score
Well, so far only one I've found is an American Standard Champion with 2 3/8" glazed trap. reviews are up and down, but the down ones seem not appropriate to my needs. Seems to be sold out everywhere. Anywhere from low $200 to low $300.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The rough trapways sometimes work better. Paper can stick to the smooth sides.
Round hard, but small means most of the new product will work out there. Other choices are American Standard Casdet 3, TOTO Drake, Kohler Wellworth.
Large and hard, I'm thinking the Caroma brand with 3" trapway.
That or the Kohler with Flushmate tank.

So to make it clear, if it's a size issue, then go with Caroma or a Flushmate equipped toilet.

sydney_305_el_1.jpg

Caroma Sydney Smart 305 elongated

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto does glaze their trapways, but intentionally makes their surface somewhat rough for the reason stated by Terry. The rest of the toilet's glazing, is smooth to make cleaning easier, but you can't see in the trapway, and sitting constantly under the waterline, things wash off much easier.

Pmaru77

Reaction score
We are leaning towards a Caroma and take any guesswork out of the equation.
Sydney Smart 305 Round Front Plus is the one picked out, now it's time to see how to get one. Any comments before I pull the plunger? er trigger?

Twin 1

Reaction score
We just completed a issue with a customer who went through 4 toilets that could not deal with pushing the " tough ones " down the drain .
So she hired us and we installed the Caroma's Sydney Smart II 305 Easy-Height Elongated Dual-flush Toilet . This solved her problem and she is in love with the toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks