Which ones to choose???

Users who are viewing this thread

Edie

Reaction score
Ultramax, Drake II, Drake or Aquia II - My head's been swimming for days as I've been researching which Toto to buy. I'm redoing 3 second floor bathrooms. Flush, water use, style and noise are chief among my concerns. Toto is headquartered here in Atlanta but can I find a place to see them? Not so easy.

I was about to choose the Ultramax for the smallest bathroom when I found out about the slanted tank top. I think I need this space for a tissue box. So, on to the next. Being a tiny bathroom, I thought the slim profile of the Ultramax was perfect.

Can anyone help with the "quiet" aspect of the flush of these models??

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A box of kleenex will not slid off, it would need wheels.
The Ultramax II does have a flatter lid though.
They are all fairly quiet. Some of it depends on the room and the existing plumbing.
Sometimes they can seem pretty quiet.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Ultramax, Drake II, Drake or Aquia II - My head's been swimming for days as I've been researching which Toto to buy. I'm redoing 3 second floor bathrooms. Flush, water use, style and noise are chief among my concerns. Toto is headquartered here in Atlanta but can I find a place to see them? Not so easy.

All of them are great choices... I'm partial to the Drake II myself...

Try this Dealer Locator...

red92s

Reaction score
The dealer locator on the TOTO website should give you some options. Off the top of my head, I know European Sink (right off I-85 near Buford Highway) is a TOTO dealer.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Go to Toto USA. There are a couple of showrooms in the Atlanta area. (European Sink is one of them)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto's dealer locator tends to list sellers with a showroom, but many plumbing supply houses either carry them or can order them. Obviously, it's nice to see the thing in the flesh before deciding, though.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
What Jadnashua says about the Toto site only listing showrooms is correct. I think this is a mistake on Toto's part. Certainly it would be nice to be able to actually see the entire line or even most of the models live and in person, but that would require a huge investment in inventory as well as a large store. In my opinion, it would be very helpful if shops and plumber that are major seller of the products were listed. One in particular is Terry Love. He sell hundreds if not thousands of Toto toilets but has no mention on the Toto USA web site.

okathome123

Reaction score
Hi Terry:

I'm looking for some guidance for new toilets. I've used pressure assist several times on my travels and like the performance. Our current low flush (1.6gal or 6Litre) seem to clog easily and frequently require 2 or more flushes. We are looking for high end, pressure assist, vacuum assist or dual flush or high performance gravity. Are high performance gravity and low volume water consumption mutually exclusive? I've seen your comments about noise and "shocking" users with noise. Is there a report on noise of toilets? Some of the ones I'm considering are American Standard Cadet EL pressure assist, Gerber Ultra Flush EL and Crane Economiser RF, Crane VIP Flush. Thanks for your guidance.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's not about sound levels, it's about startle.
If you like that type of flush though, don't worry about it.

I did sell a Toto Drake to an old customer that I had previously sold a Gerber Ultraflush to though. He's getting tired of being startled.
And the American Standard pressure assist tends to shred the paper and float it back up into the bowl.
The WDI dual flush pressure assist, (Ecoflush) has been a disaster. I don't know why those are still on the market.

Here is a funny story about American Standard pressure assist

Here is a funny story about the CR top rated dual flush

My favorite now is the Toto Drake II

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks