Which ones to choose???

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Edie, May 26, 2011.

1. Edie

Edie New Member

Ultramax, Drake II, Drake or Aquia II - My head's been swimming for days as I've been researching which Toto to buy. I'm redoing 3 second floor bathrooms. Flush, water use, style and noise are chief among my concerns. Toto is headquartered here in Atlanta but can I find a place to see them? Not so easy.

I was about to choose the Ultramax for the smallest bathroom when I found out about the slanted tank top. I think I need this space for a tissue box. So, on to the next. Being a tiny bathroom, I thought the slim profile of the Ultramax was perfect.

Can anyone help with the "quiet" aspect of the flush of these models??
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

A box of kleenex will not slid off, it would need wheels.
    The Ultramax II does have a flatter lid though.
    They are all fairly quiet. Some of it depends on the room and the existing plumbing.
    Sometimes they can seem pretty quiet.
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

All of them are great choices... I'm partial to the Drake II myself...

Try this Dealer Locator...
  4. red92s

red92s New Member

The dealer locator on the TOTO website should give you some options. Off the top of my head, I know European Sink (right off I-85 near Buford Highway) is a TOTO dealer.
  5. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Go to Toto USA. There are a couple of showrooms in the Atlanta area. (European Sink is one of them)
  6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Toto's dealer locator tends to list sellers with a showroom, but many plumbing supply houses either carry them or can order them. Obviously, it's nice to see the thing in the flesh before deciding, though.
  7. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

What Jadnashua says about the Toto site only listing showrooms is correct. I think this is a mistake on Toto's part. Certainly it would be nice to be able to actually see the entire line or even most of the models live and in person, but that would require a huge investment in inventory as well as a large store. In my opinion, it would be very helpful if shops and plumber that are major seller of the products were listed. One in particular is Terry Love. He sell hundreds if not thousands of Toto toilets but has no mention on the Toto USA web site.
  8. okathome123

okathome123 New Member

Hi Terry:

I'm looking for some guidance for new toilets. I've used pressure assist several times on my travels and like the performance. Our current low flush (1.6gal or 6Litre) seem to clog easily and frequently require 2 or more flushes. We are looking for high end, pressure assist, vacuum assist or dual flush or high performance gravity. Are high performance gravity and low volume water consumption mutually exclusive? I've seen your comments about noise and "shocking" users with noise. Is there a report on noise of toilets? Some of the ones I'm considering are American Standard Cadet EL pressure assist, Gerber Ultra Flush EL and Crane Economiser RF, Crane VIP Flush. Thanks for your guidance.
  9. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It's not about sound levels, it's about startle.
    If you like that type of flush though, don't worry about it.

I did sell a Toto Drake to an old customer that I had previously sold a Gerber Ultraflush to though. He's getting tired of being startled.
    And the American Standard pressure assist tends to shred the paper and float it back up into the bowl.
    The WDI dual flush pressure assist, (Ecoflush) has been a disaster. I don't know why those are still on the market.

Here is a funny story about American Standard pressure assist

Here is a funny story about the CR top rated dual flush

My favorite now is the Toto Drake II