Which brand should I get? Radiant heat

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by michaelasmith, Oct 14, 2011.

1. michaelasmith

michaelasmith New Member

I have installed radiant heat in an existing building, and am expanding into two attached buildings. My radiant heat guy suggested a Navien as opposed to a tank installation. After reading previous posts here, I am not sure what to do. My situation is somewhat unique. I have an ambitious project and little money. I have been building for over 11 years and am just ready to put in heat in the two additional buildings

Usage:
    Radiant Heat: We will have radiant heat in three buildings: 8,250 sq. ft altogether.
    Domestic Hot Water: We use a photography darkroom where the water could run at 70 degrees for 10 hours
    Domestic Hot Water: just two people. normal usage. washing machine, showers, kitchen usage.

I am open to suggestions. many thanks.

Michael
  2. Dana

Dana In the trades

Without a design-condition heat load number and the water temps required for the radiant at that load there is literally no answer to this question.
  3. BadgerBoilerMN

BadgerBoilerMN Master Hot Water Mpls,MN

But we know for sure and tank-less water heater is not the answer.
  4. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

Polaris. Handles about anything you throw at it.