Where to purchase Fleck5600

Users who are viewing this thread

verbalkint99

Reaction score
Hello,

So I have been doing a bit of research (much of it on here) and after several water test and having a few sales reps come out I think I have decided on a water softener for my 2000 sq foot and a half home with family of four. I am looking at the Fleck5600SXT digital

http://www.affordablewater.us/Fleck-...ont-P1171.aspx

Before I order I have a couple questions:

Has anyone ordered from afordablewater.us before? They seem to have the best prices out there, but I cant seem to find many reviews for them. Or does anyone know of a more reputable supplier out there?

Also, is there anything I should watch for as far as the equipment used or are they all going to be the same product from one company to the next? I know they will all have the same fleck valve regardless of who I order from but how do I determine the quality of the other components?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Buy from a company that assembles their own equipment and that have an actual physical location, not a garage, motorhome, or UPS store as the address. You will pay $100 more, cheap insurance.

Companies that are only trying to be the cheapest will sacrifice tank, media, and components quality in order to the lowest price. Many companies do not have any presence other than the internet, it is fairly easy to tell by looking up their address, if they post it anywhere...

With 2.5 baths, the 5600SXT should be ok but I would recommend the 7000 just to be sure you have no flow loss even when everything is running.

verbalkint99

Reaction score
Ok, so going with your advice I did a lot for reading and searching. The origional company I was looking at had no brick and mortor address that I could find. So I took to google again and read up on the 7000 series. Seems to be more DIY friendly for valve repairs (does not require special tools to take apart) and is closer to the Clack valve. Anyway, I found www.qualitywaterforless.com and they seem to have a store front in Illinois. Going to give them a call Monday with a few questions and maybe place an order.

ByteMe

Semi-Pure awesomeness!
Reaction score
"You will pay $100 more, cheap insurance."

Ditto, you know I respect your knowledge/experience and opinion, but in my limited experience... The price difference is around 50% or hundreds.

verbalkint99

Reaction score
Thank you reach, I think I will pay the extra to go with a better company. Byte, I have been given info on a few other sites that do have store fronts and the differences are about 100 bucks or so more than the site I was first looking at. If I go through a local company though that is when the price doubles.

Now, I have to choose between a 5600sxt, 7000sxt (which from what I can tell is discontinued but still available online), or the 2510. Everytime I think I am ready to order more info comes my way forcing me to start fresh.

Thank you all!!

Reach4

Reaction score
Pentair is the parent company that makes Fleck softeners.
http://waterpurification.pentair.com/en-US/product/fleck/fleck-7000-series/
The members of the 7000 series are
  • NXT- Network controller uses on-board communication capabilities to link multiple valves (via off-the-shelf CAT3, CAT5, or better cables) for system types 4,5,6,7, and 9.
  • XTR- Offers a two-line, 16 character LCD backlit display for easy entering of master and user programing as well as view of diagnostics.
  • SXT-Large LCD display and user-selectable time clock or metered function; usable for filtration and softener systems
They may limit selling the NXT and XTR-- I don't know. But they do have the 7000SXT data much more findable on their website.
http://waterpurification.pentair.com/en-US/product/fleck/7000sxt/
I would like to think that the features that are listed for the 7000 series are all shared by the 7000SXT. What was the source of your "discontinued" comment?

I think the 5600SXT should have more than enough throughput. However the 7000 adds some features compared to the 5600SXT. For one it allows you to program in a second backwash. The one that I find interesting is that it fills the brine tank with softened water. I suspect that would contribute to the brine tank not needing cleaning quite as soon. If the difference in price were $60, I might make a different choice than if the difference were $20.

My comments are based on reading and not experience or training.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks