Where to go with sump discharge?

Users who are viewing this thread

St. Lou Bob

Reaction score
Due to the large amount of rain we got last year, our basement took in seepage for the first time in 12 years. In order to get peace of mind, we had drain tile and sump installed in February. That sucker has run every 10-15 minutes since, and it is apparent we are in a high water table as I watch the pit fill up from the bottom. The problem is the amount of discharge. I'm in a cul de sac and our house slopes toward the street, but the storm drain is 4 houses down which has resulted in a messy stream basically halfway down the street. I'm planning on putting in a 4×6 ft rock dry well and run the discharge to that, but I'm afraid it won't keep up. My backyard is uphill all the way, but if I could get it up there is a dry creek that basically runs to a drainage way. The rise is probably about 20 ft and the run is about 50 from the discharge point. Any ideas on my best option?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks