Where to buy trip lever for Toto Drake ST743S?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by geepondy, Dec 16, 2009.

1. geepondy

geepondy New Member

The plastic piece right on the lever itself broke after less then three years of use. Where is a good place to buy a replacement? Are they available at Home Depot or Lowes or do I need to buy online? Mine has the silver metal lever and I looked at one place online and they wanted $52 for a replacement. Yikes, are they really that expensive? Also the flapper leaks a little bit sometimes. If I reflush it or move it slightly, the leaking usually stops. I don't think it started leaking until I started using the chlorine drop in disks. Are they bad for the toilet innards?
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I don't know where to get the trip lever nor how much they are, but I will tell you that you have ruined the flapper and any other rubber innards of the toilet. NEVER use any kind of chemical in a toilet tank. Don't believe the ad hype the manufactures put on them, they always will eat up the insides of your toilet.
  3. micp879

micp879 New Member

Listen to what Gary is saying. Those chlorine tablets are one of the worst possible things you can do to your toilet.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Don't use Chlorine in the tank, it does this below.
    The tank levers are $20 for the ST743S and E tanks.

Or you can pick up a side mount Eljer style lever at a home center.
    With a brass rod, you may need to do some bending.
    The place that sold you the toilet should have trip levers.

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33472

[​IMG]