Where to buy toilet flush stoppers

Users who are viewing this thread

Valvegrinder

Reaction score
Where can I buy a non-flap style flush valve. I dont like flappers. Are there any vertical action stoppers available such as the kind that ride vertically on a ring guided copper shaft? I much prefer stoppers to flappers but the net is crowded with flappers.

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
When changing anything on a toilet, one needs to consider whether it is engineered to maintain the proper flush volume. Some of the aftermarket units will use LOTS more water than the one that came with the toilet. FWIW, most modern toilets do NOT empty the entire tank when they flush...that extra height of water in the tank helps to provide a bit more 'push' to help out the flush...emptying the tank doesn't really gain you much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks