Where to buy lever for Toto toilet? THU004 and THU068

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by NullPointerException, Jun 25, 2006.

1. NullPointerException

NullPointerException New Member

We have a Toto toilet. Recently, while adjusting something else, I managed to snap off the end of the lever at the point where the hole is that the chain goes through. Until I get a new lever, I've duct taped the chain to the lever. Duct tape saves the day again.

I've tried several levers from the orange and blue boxes with no success. From looking online, it appears I have to buy a special lever and handle that is compatible with my type of Toto toilet.

Here is a link to a picture of the inside of the tank:

I'm wondering what type of Toto I have and where I can buy a replacement lever. I didn't see any model names on the toilet anywhere. It says "Toto" and "1.6 Gpf" as you can see in the picture. I've seen some Toto levers online, but I'm not sure if they are the right type. I was surprised at how expensive they were in some cases (up to $80).

Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Ultimate and the Ultramax use a THU004 handle
    The Drake uses a THU068 handle

Lowes Hardware will sell a replacement fill valve, the Korky Quietfill, and the repair part for it.
    Korky 528MP MaxPerformance

and they carry the Red and the Blue 3" flappers when you need a replacement. Also make by Korky.

Any standard side mount trip lever should work for it, I believe the Eljer might work there.

The book price on a chrome THU004#CP Toto lever is $23.00
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  3. NullPointerException

NullPointerException New Member

Thanks for your help.

Last night I happened to be at my local privately run hardware store to pick up something else. In the plumbing section, they had an Eljer side mount lever that looked like it would work. Took it home and installed it. It was about 1/2 inch too long, but after cutting the end off with a hacksaw it worked great.
  4. exoricst

exoricst New Member

IN CRISIS!! Toilet part broken near Lever. Help needed URGENT!! - TOTO Ultramax II

Hi all,

I am in a very tricky situation, while moving the toilet up to the first floor i accidently banged the toilet lever area on the door frame, and the lever knob came off. This is a new toilet, and it arrived just yesterday. And i was bringing this up to install it, while this accident happened.
    The black plastic part that was holding the lever has broken. I am posting some pictures here. Please advice if i can buy a replacement of this black plastic part. This is a Toto Ultramax Elongated 1 Piece Toilet MS604114CEFG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also i wanted to confirm if the lever rod is good or not. Cos it seems like a little curved.. like bent. See picture below.

[​IMG]

Please advice. My original old toilet is already removed, and we are without toilets right now.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  5. exoricst

exoricst New Member

The part sits here on the outer side of the tank just below the lever.

[​IMG]
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You can either buy the THU004 Toto replacement, or pick up an Eljer Style side mount lever at a hardware store.
    In the meantime, you can leave the lid off and pull the flapper up when needed.
  7. exoricst

exoricst New Member

Thanks for the suggestion Terry, i ordered THU004 online, and using the toilet without the lid :)
    What a way to start..:D
  8. RoyV.

RoyV. New Member

Toto 85411S Ultramax Flush Handle

It appears that the flush handle to our Toto 85411s Ultramax broke. Does anyone have a part number for this or is there a universal one that will fit. If a universal won't fit, where can I purchase one online.

Did a quick google search and it seems it's not an uncommon problem.

Thanks,

Roy
  9. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

ITs the THU004 in whatever color or finish you want. Btw, your toiket would be 854114, with the ss114 seat. The lever is availabke at totousa.com and many online sources. Just Google it.. Come back with any questions!
  10. RoyV.

RoyV. New Member

The Eljer side mount lever worked perfectly!!!! Thank you so much.

Roy