Where should I place a baseboard radiator in my bathroom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tengo5

Reaction score
The room is about 50 square feet. Right now there's a 5 foot radiator in front of the window, but we're taking that out to put a bathtub in. Can we just move the existing radiator to in front of the bathtub?

patsfan78

Web Development | HVAC
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechheat.com
Its always encouraged to place baseboard, radiator or whatever on an outside wall. If that is not possible then install it where you have room but if you haven't purchased the radiator yet, you may want to consider oversizing it just a bit. But the outside wall is preferred.

Tengo5

Reaction score
Thanks Michael. The only outside wall in that room is where the tub will go. That's why I was wondering if it would be best to put it in front of the tub, or just not worry about being in front of that wall. The only other solution is to put in 2 - 2 ft sections.

Cookie

Reaction score
I wouldn't put it in the front of the tub. I would do the 2 sections first and also, what about adding a ceiling heat lamp fixture? Mine has a heat lamp and an exhaust fan in it. Works nicely. If you do the ceiling an make sure it directly doesn't vent into the attic or you could get moisture & mold.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks