where is it important to wrap copper pipe?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by seanc, Jul 17, 2005.

1. seanc

seanc New Member

Just wondering where it is important for the copper to be wrapped with insulation? Its my understanding that its a must on exterior walls. But ceiling/interior walls its not necessary. \

My concern is condensation on the cold water pipe, but the general info that i've gotten is that hot/humid air is not going to be present inside a finished wall/ceiling.
  2. It is possible that it can. I would insulate all piping, but I wouldn't open up walls to do so.