Where find PVC S&D pipe?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by wayne Ateser, Feb 20, 2007.

1. wayne Ateser

wayne Ateser In the Trades

Im looking for 6" ASTM D2729 PVC Pipe. Its a thin walled, non perforated sewer and drain pipe.

I have called dozens of suppliers in Orange County, Ca and even a manufacturer and none carry it. The manufacturer said that dont make it any more.

Any thoughts on where I can find this pipe.? I have found 4" dia at Lowes but really need the larger dia pipe.

thanks for any tips
  2. TedL

TedL New Member

3. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Architect

If you are passing through Southern Utah... My supplier has it in 4" to 8" in stock including fittings... Probably doesn't help you tho.:eek: Also has X-PVC from 1-1/2" to 8". Man... that's gotta be a bear to cement together!!!:eek:
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  4. markts30

markts30 Commercial Plumber

Don't know about XPVC but 12" SCH40 DWV PVC is not at all easy to get to glue up...
  5. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Architect

Sorry... XPVC is a regional term for coeXtruded PVC SCH40 DWV.
  6. markts30

markts30 Commercial Plumber

OK XPVC is the same as the DWV PVC (Sch40) I was talking about then...
    8" is not actually bad - bevel the edges of the pipe and use lots of glue...