Where do I get sink hole caps?

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by benxiaohai, Jan 10, 2008.

1. benxiaohai

benxiaohai New Member

Hi, I just purchased a new pull down sink that combines the handle and sprayer and faucet . Problem is that my sink has four holes in it for the old equipment, but now I only need two! I went to Home Depot but they said they didn't carry any caps to put in the other two holes. Does anyone know where I can get those critters?
    Thanks so much!
    Benxiaohai
  2. Cookie

Cookie .

Go to Low*s they have it in the plumbing dept.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

If all else fails, go to a real plumbing shop.
  4. Cass

Cass Plumber

Most Low*s have them.
  5. They are called hole covers and are common at any hardware store.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2008
  6. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

Put a soap dispenser in one hole and an air switch for the disposer in the other one.
  7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

covers

Ask someone at Home Depot who knows what you are talking about. They have them as does Ace Hardware, Lowes, and every other hardware store in your city.
  8. benxiaohai

benxiaohai New Member

Air switch?

Thanks for the help ya'll! By the way, what is an "air switch" for the disposal? Do I need to put that in if I don't have one?
    Best,
    Benxiaohai
  9. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Rather than having a wall switch for the disposal, several companies make a button switch that uses air to activate the remote power controller. It is low profile and can be installed in one of the extra holes in your sink. If you are going to install a dishwasher, you also might be able to use one of the holes for an air-gap (which may be a code requirement where you live).