Where can I get a blue toilet?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by oldmaven, Aug 29, 2013.

1. oldmaven

oldmaven New Member

I need to replace an old blue American Standard toilet. The replaceemnt must flush well and should be as compact as possible (distance from rear wall to the wall that hits my knees is only 45"). Who makes them? Who sells them? (preferably in or near E-central NJ)
  2. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

Kohler k-3458 is a pressure assist flush (sloan flushmate) Wellworth that is available in blue. Skylight is the name of Kohler's blue. Avoid the ingenium flush one piece that comes in the same color. The ingenium flush, in my opinion born of harsh experience, sucks.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  3. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

Gerber also makes the Viper in two shades of blue. However, it's not a toilet that I would recommend based upon the appearance of its trapway and the fact that it only has a 2-inch flush valve. If you want a strong flush and a bowl that clears every time, that's probably not going to do it for you anywhere near as well as the Wellworth with the Flushmate pressure-assist. You have to really read the specs in the Gerber marketing material, which would make you think it was the best toilet ever. It isn't, in my opinion.
  4. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

My experience is that a white toilet looks fine, regardless of the color of the other fixtures. Opinions may vary.
  5. asktom

asktom Member

A new blue toilet won't match the blue of the old one. I'm with cacher_chick, get a white one.