Where can I find install instructions for...

Users who are viewing this thread

Lee_Leses

Reaction score
the Toto THU013Z flush valve? I got interested in what holds the flush valve into the Ultramax and if the "O" ring seal ever goes bad how you replace it.
I see two screws in there, but I wanted to understand the anatomy better. In a one piece, I guess if the "O" ring goes bad it's like if the flapper goes bad, water leaking out of the tank to the bowl? I've been looking online, but for some reason I can't find it.

Lee

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
http://admin.totousa.com/Product%20Downloads/PD-00346,%20MS854114S_MS854114SG,%20V.01.pdf

There are two brass wings that hold the flush valve to the tank.
When you loosen the screws (careful not to loosen then all the way) one of the wings swing inward and you can pull up the flush valve. Hard to explain but one you do it you will understand.
There is a gasket (o-ring) underneath and that can be replaced.
I haven't seen them going bad over time they usually need to be replaced on brand new toilets if they are pinched.

Lee_Leses

Reaction score
Thank you Peanut, exactly what I wanted to know. I think I can picture that now that you explained it. I was picturing either that, or an arrangement where one side hooks in and the other side screws down...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks