Where can I find a 1960's Standard Toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Lauren_Rowland, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Lauren_Rowland

Lauren_Rowland New Member

My fiance and I just bought our first house :) and I am trying to work on two of the bathrooms. One of them has an original 1960's blue/gray toilet and I am trying to find the sink in that color. WHere can I find this?

I am also trying to find just the seat for a pink 1960's Standard toilet along with the sink! Does anyone have a reccomendation?
  2. e-plumber

e-plumber DIY Senior Member

Good Luck

You may be able to find something close in color but it will not be an exact match on either the toilet seat or the lavatory basin.
    Check with a specialty (plumbing) replacement parts store in your area, they may be able to locate & order the items for you.
    Worst case buy white, it goes with everthing.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

standard

Go to Home Depot's special order desk. They have toilet seat catalogs that have all the manufacturer's colors. As for the sink, you are not likely to find anything tha matches perfectly, so you might want to do as Kohler suggests and get a sink that gives some contrast, such as a deep blue.
  4. Deb

Deb Plumber

Deb

Check e-bay.
    Deb
    The Pipewench
  5. bmcny

bmcny New Member

I might have one...

I'm planning on gutting my 1958ish bathroom in Jan and will be removing a one-piece American Standard toilet, 5' cast iron tub and drop in cast iron sink - all blue/grey as you seek. The sink has an 8" spread for the faucets. The toilet is stamped 1957 and is in excellent shape as is the tub and sink so I can only assume they are of the same vintage. It's killing me to replace the toilet with a new Kohler but that's a nightmare for another post.