putting CPVC fitting,

double wall 3" chimney ,

over kill?

20170411_192230_Sandpiper Place.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
One would have been much better off if they had spent $20 for a propane torch, some solder, a few fittings, and and hour on the workbench, learning how easy it is to sweat copper.

The CPCV fitting is a disaster waiting to happen.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The nipples that come with new water heaters are plastic lined to prevent interior corrosion.
The first 18" to the water heater should not be plastic. In Californial they want something that can move like a flex connector.
I normally use corrugated copper, but stainless corrugated works too. I don't use the braided flexes on water heaters.
California also wants earthquake strapping.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The nipples that come with new water heaters are plastic lined to prevent interior corrosion.
The first 18" to the water heater should not be plastic. In Californial they want something that can move like a flex connector.
I normally use corrugated copper, but stainless corrugated works too. I don't use the braided flexes on water heaters.
California also wants earthquake strapping.

All good points. For us in the Midwest, California is like a foreign country.

Jughead

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Terry, post: 519476, member] In Californial they want something that can move like a flex connector.
California also wants earthquake strapping.[/QUOTE]

Have you experienced the stainless braided flexes failing, and if so how soon?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks