What's the advantage of an elongated toilet?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by markey, May 17, 2009.

1. markey

markey New Member

I'm assuming that there must be an advantage since it costs more:rolleyes:

It would be nice (as I learned from my previous question) to get the sanagloss but it doesn't come in round.

Thanks
  2. 99k

99k Radon Contractor and Water Treatment

There's room for the boys:D
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

The same rationale can be used to justify the ADA height. It puts the water spot a bit lower so the distance from the seat to the water is greater. That's not the only reason for ADA height, but it sure is nice to have that extra room!:)
  4. Scuba_Dave

Scuba_Dave Extreme DIY Homeowner

Yup, just hate bangin the rim
  5. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

Yep that's my problem, it's not only that the water is cold it's the depth of the water.
  6. achutch

achutch New Member

Comfort!!! I have two elongated ADA height toilets at home, and two round bowls here in the woods. Now that I've moved to the cabin, I feel like I'm sitting on a chamber pot; the round seats feel cramped.

Off the subject, we have adjustable chairs at work, and most people, even those who are tall, like to sit as low as possible. First thing I do before I sit down at my terminal is to raise the seat (and I sometimes have to bang the chairs on the floor to get the seat to come up!!!
  7. markey

markey New Member

Okey doke. Thanks, guys. My hubby'll be happier.