What's my toilet's problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

indyanguy

Reaction score
The water/waste doesn't drain but keeps rotating in the toilet bowl ugh!. I thought it could be clogged so tried unclogging it with a plunger and a snake, but haven't had any luck.

What could be the problem?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The drain line is likely clogged. It could be further than your snake could reach. You may need a longer snake.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your drain is still clogged. Snakes that are homeowner size frequently are simply not good enough to clear a clogged drain. In fact, they can make the problem worse by shoving the clog in deeper and compacting it even worse than it was. What is needed is a professional plumber who has the size of auger it will take and the know how to use it. Do not, repeat, do not use chemicals to try to open this. They not only will not clear the clog, they will create a hazard for the plumber when you finally realize that is the only course of action open to you.

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Check out the Fernco site. They listed a couple of new fittings that may work for you. I didn't read the details, but saw them in passing.

IMTONY

Reaction score
I usually face the same problem. May b b'cos the drainage system has blocked. :eek:

Jadnashua

Reaction score
If you are lucky, a little plunging will work, a closet auger might work if it is close by (within maybe 5' of the toilet), but if the clog is further away, it is probably best to call a plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks