What type of pipe to use

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by ron in sc, Nov 5, 2006.

1. ron in sc

ron in sc New Member

What is the best type of pipe to use to run water supply from house to garage? I live in Charleston, SC so it does not get freezing cold very often.
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

Copper would be best if you can afford it. Polly pipe works well also.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

No question that copper is the best to use. True, copper has become very costly, but you are only talking about one length of pipe that will last forever. I have my garage/shop piped with copper from the house and a small "elcheapo" tankless water heater in the shop. Good enough for washing hands and rinsing rags, not for showers or baths.