What Type Of Drain Pipe Is This & What 90 to Use

Users who are viewing this thread

Hammerlane

Reaction score
Take a look at the photos. This drain is to pick up water in a kind of swale and direct it out the other end of the patio. What type of pipe is this and what type of 90 do I need to get it to grade level after I backfill around patio. The OD of the pipe is about 4 & 3/16 inches

Attachments

• 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 429
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 400
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

Hammerlane

Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like a brand from Hancor carried at one of the local box stores. Here is a more close up. I will need a snap 90 and then a surface inlet cover

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 340
  • 12-234.jpg
    12-234.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 347

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is probably S&D size, (4" i.d. and 4 3/16" o.d.), which uses "special fittings" or bushings with sch. 40 fittings. If that is what it is, HD has the fittings in the "yard drainage" area, NOT with the plumbing fittings.

Hammerlane

Reaction score
It is probably S&D size, (4" i.d. and 4 3/16" o.d.), which uses "special fittings" or bushings with sch. 40 fittings. If that is what it is, HD has the fittings in the "yard drainage" area, NOT with the plumbing fittings.

hj you are correct. I picked this up. Will PVC glue be compatible with the fitting and the pipe?

Attachments

• nds.JPG
    nds.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 375

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You pose an interesting question. Perhaps one of the pros can supply a better answer, but as I read the information about this material, it does not say that it is PVC. PVC will fit, but the question of "gluing" remains unclear at least to me. So-called PVC cement or glue is neither cement nor glue. It is a solvent that liquifies the surfaces of PVC pipe and PVC fittings briefly so when the surfaces are joined, the liquified surfaces join and form what is called a solvent weld. It is somewhat akin to welding metal. However, since the pipe is apparently not PVC, I seriously question the use of PVC solvent to join the pipe with PVC fittings. There is almost certainly some product that will do the job, and it is likely available where ever you buy the pipe.

Hammerlane

Reaction score
Since the 90 will be mostly covered with dirt/gravel, I will most likely get a stainless band clamp and put that around the hub of the 90 and compression fit it. I mean its not under pressure so that should be good enought to keep the pieces from separating.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks