What type of backflow device is this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hcliffe

Reaction score
The sprinkler company came out, said my BF failed pressure test. Offered to rebuild internals. He did so and now it leaks from the pressure valve at the bottom. Rather than pay their high labor and material cost, I figure I could replace it myself as long as I shut off the water inside, depressure and drain the system etc.

What kind of backflow device is this so I make sure I get an equivalent kind? Is it as easy as unscrewing each end, use teflon tape and install the new one?
BF1.jpg

Hcliffe

Reaction score
The sprinkler company came out, said my BF failed pressure test. Offered to rebuild internals. He did so and now it leaks from the pressure valve at the bottom. Rather than pay their high labor and material cost, I figure I could replace it myself as long as I shut off the water inside, depressure and drain the system etc.

What kind of backflow device is this so I make sure I get an equivalent kind? Is it as easy as unscrewing each end, use teflon tape and install the new one?
View attachment 28796
BF2.jpg

Hcliffe

Reaction score
Thanks much! Mine is leaking from the bottom vent after they replaced the rubber gaskets. Trying to debate what to do next.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You paid for the repair. Call them back to do the job right. Back flow devices should be check annually and repaired if/when necessary by the inspector. The should have all the necessary parts for the various devices they inspect and the repairs should not take long or be costly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks