What size socket for Moen pushbutton diverter?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by calantha, Dec 8, 2012.

  1. calantha

    calantha New Member

    Aug 22, 2008
    New York
    I want to replace a Moen pushbutton diverter model # 1198. It's recessed, and I'm thinking of using a socket wrench with a deep socket to remove the old one. Do you think a socket wrench will do the job, and can you tell me what size socket I will need? Thanks.
  2. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    They are always "recessed". If I remember properly, it is a 3/4" socket. Buy the new diverter and measure it to be sure.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: size socket
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Shower head sizes???did they change? Today at 5:19 PM
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Can I increase or decrease size of vent cap? Apr 1, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog New tub replacement, what size do i buy? Jul 28, 2015
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Small bathroom - non-standard size tub remodel Mar 22, 2015
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Delta Shower Faucet in Fiberglass Shower; Hole Size? Remove Plaster Guard? Jan 31, 2015

Share This Page